Tuesday, April 06, 2010

S/T, The Builders and the Butchers




Another awesome band from Alaska! I don't really know much about them, but I do know I put this album on repeat for a week straight when I first heard it! The lead singer's voice actually reminds me a lot of Gordon Gano of the Violent Femmes. They've got a newer album out called "Salvation Is A Deep Dark Well" which I'd also definitely suggest if you like their first. They are a mix of punk and old American roots music with Southern Gothic themed story-songs.

They are playing live in TWO days. Go, because you will not regret it. I bet they put on a great show.

• April 8th. w/ Rx Bandits and Zechs Marquise @ The Marquis Theater DENVER, CO


2 comments:

  1. yoouuu should post the new dr. dog album if you get it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got it buddy I'll put it up tomorrow

    ReplyDelete