Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Dracula Boots, Kid Congo & The Pink Monkey Birds




This album is ridiculous. It's ridiculous and wonderful. I have this on vinyl just for the time being while my friend Jason remains out of town for a few months, and I'm pretty stoked about it. Someone cut out a clipping and taped it to the album cover before Jason bought it, which is a way better description of this music than I can give, so here you go:

"The legendary KID CONGO POWERS returns to the psychedelic jungle with a stripped-down, no-frills set of volcanic songs. The premier voodoo guitarist for seminal sexy, swampy bands like GUN CLUB, NICK CAVE & THE BAD SEEDS, and THE CRAMPS, Powers is a restless aesthete whose earlier solo efforts are explored and mixed genres. With Dracula Boots, he comes back to his roots as a crackerjack guitarist playing the primitive music that inspired him-the raw sounds of garage and early Chicano rock. Includes covers of songs by Thee Midniters and Bo Diddleym and the original songs on Dracula Boots go from loud, fuzzy biker rock to greasy rump-shaker groove; from a scary movie soundtrack to The Meters having an acid flashback."

See? How can you read that and NOT want to listen to this immediately? You may not know this about me but I FUCKING. LOVE. THE CRAMPS! Also a huge fan of Nick Cave, and well, yeah, every other band they mentioned in that paragraph. Good album.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zttyhudgzyd

2 comments:

  1. try again, and let me know, because I just tried it now and it worked? and it has been 3 days since you tried? xo

    ReplyDelete