Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Tepid Peppermint Wonderland - A Retrospective, The Brian Jonestown Massacre




I didn't really plan on putting this up 'til later, but it's all I felt like listening to today. I could spend hours writing about these guys, but I don't want to. All I want, is for you to click on that little link at the bottom of this post, and download this album.

Most people I've come across have heard of the Brian Jonestown Massacre, or have heard a bit and enjoyed it, but surprisingly enough not many people seem to have any of their stuff. It's sad for me, it's sad for you, so lets all just change our lives, turn those frowns upside-down and listen to more BJM.

I highly recommend getting anything and everything you can by these guys, but for now, I'm just going to put up this album. (Fair warning, upon downloading this album, you may actually become addicted to this band.)

Also, you might fall in love with their tambourinist Joel Gion. It's pretty hard not to. Do not blame me for this.

You might also check out the documentary Dig! if you're so inclined.


2 comments: