Tuesday, June 22, 2010

4 Shots EP, Barefoot Surrender




Barefoot Surrender! These crazy folks from Nashville were travelin' through town last week, and I had the absolute pleasure of chatting with them and hearing them play live downtown. They were very interesting and extremely genuine kids, and I wished more than anything I could have just dropped everything and skipped town with them.

I am putting this album up here considering these kids might not come to your area, but if they EVER DO, it is seriously your duty as a human being to give them a few bucks. They deserve it. They are a bunch of bluegrassy punks. They've got a myspace if ya wanna check that out as well, it's got a few youtube videos of them playing and the like. Their music is described on their page as sounding like "riding a train through a swamp in the middle of a thunder storm blacked out drunk." I suppose I would agree.

The only problem with this album is that there just aren't enough songs on it....

http://www.mediafire.com/?kyyd2jwnz3g

4 comments:

  1. these guys were awesome! caught them on Pearl street this past weekend- it's been a while since a band has made an impression on me... thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were staying at my friends place in south Boulder when I first heard them, then I caught them playing at the Danger Zone. They have a new album being pressed that should be out in about two weeks.

    I love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These Kids are Great, we saw them last night in Rapid City SD !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I saw them down at the Danger Zone too, which is also my friends place, which means we are probably freinds too.

    I caught them down in Nederland for their CD release party too, was a good time.

    ReplyDelete