Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Jeffrey Lewis


This is gonna be another one of those like Jolie Holland, specifically because I can't decide which album to post, so I'll post multiple. In fact, I wish I could post everything he's ever made, and post thoughts from his head that he hasn't even recorded yet.

I don't run into many people who don't know who he is, but I've noticed that while everyone loves him, no one has any of his stuff. So this is for everyone who has wanted it, and everyone who doesn't know they want it yet. I really can't tell you enough how much you need to download at least one of these albums, and then come back for more (because you will).

There are so many of his songs that bring tears to my eyes every time I hear them. I don't know what it is. The lyrics? The music? The voice? Nostalgia is a common theme in a lot of his music... maybe that's it.

Aside from that he's down right ridiculous. He is still such a kid at heart, and is so goofy, funny and silly. Did I mention the things that belong inside his heart are absolutely adorable? I was fortunate enough to see him live with Dr. Dog at the end of 2009 and he puts on such a great light-hearted show, filled with great music, comedy, comic book art, and even history lessons.

I'd also recommend checking out his website, because there are a lot of awesome illustrations and comic book art by him on there.... and you can even play space invaders!

Anyway, here's the goods. If you never heard of him, and are unsure about which to download first (if you don't want to immediately download all of it) I'd highly suggest downloading the top two, regardless. And if you are a huge Crass fan.... well, download that one too.


It's The Ones Who've Cracked That The Light Shines Through (2003)



http://www.mediafire.com/?1wdyjnmka2n

Highlights: Back When I Was 4, Alphabet, No LSD Tonight, Arrow, If You Shoot The Head You Kill The Ghoul, I Saw A Hippie Girl On 8th Ave, You Don't Have to Be A Scientist To Do Experiments On Your Own Heart.


The Last Time I Did Acid I Went Insane (2001)



http://www.mediafire.com/?ngnjzyj2z44

Highlights: The East River, Seattle, The Chelsea Hotel Oral Sex Song, Heavy Heart, The Last Time I Did Acid I Went Insane, Springtime, Life.


Twelve Crass Songs (2007)


http://www.mediafire.com/?tnyjdjlw2qw


HONORABLE MENTIONS.... If you give any kind of a shit as much as I do about this guy, and you want more, I'd definitely get 'Em Are I, City & Eastern Songs, and Kimya Dawson & Jeff Lewis. Hell... I'll probably just end up posting them later, anyway.

2 comments:

  1. hello, thanks for this, hard to find vinyls of jeffrey for me. i love this stuff too. whish i would have see him play live in europe this fall.
    next time

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock, i've been looking for Light Shines Through for awhile for mediafire

    ReplyDelete