Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Majestic Majesty, Portugal. The Man




Speaking of upcoming shows.... A couple friends of mine recently told me about Portugal. The Man, and I think they're a lot of fun! They remind me a bit of Dr. Dog (which... I'll definitely be putting up here soon).

From Wasilla, Alaska, their front man John Baldwin Gourly's parents were professional dog sled mushers, so he grew up without a phone in a small log cabin powered by a generator. He and his childhood friend Zachary Scott Carothers united to form Portugal. The Man, and were later joined by Jason Secrest and Ryan Neighbors.

John also does all the artwork for the band.

I think of all the albums I listened to by them, this one is my favorite--it's an acoustic version of their Satanic Satanist album.

http://www.mediafire.com/?z3mgxdwmmiu

No comments:

Post a Comment